This was the easiest, no fuss voting that I have experienced in my 31 years of compulsory voting.
- No standing in long lines
- No braving the weather
- No rescheduling of a day to go and vote
- No people waiting outside the voting locations to hassle you and shove flyers in your face.
- I didn’t even have to lodge a request to have a postal ballot form sent to me.
We were told the forms would be posted to us within a 2 day period, so we knew when to expect them and check our snail mail box. The ballot and return envelope contained clear and easy instructions.
All I had to do was:
- Fill it in.
- Seal it.
- Put it in the red snail mail box.
BRAVO to the electoral commission and their team.
This should be how every election is conducted.